Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Missing Teeth

Well, I'd like to say my time spent not-blogging was spent writing, but having had all four wisdom teeth extracted last Tuesday, the past week or so has been a complete null-zone. Reading and recuperating, mostly. However, thanks to the benefits of codeine pain killers and anti-inflammatories, the time was not the agony I've heard described by others. In truth, the whole op was pretty simple from my perspective. They put me to sleep, I woke up, and it was all done.

However, back into the saddle now, and almost finished. For this year supposedly being the year of the first draft, I think I may have been optimistic. Real life, combined with a lack of discipline on my part, has slowed me down. Hmmm, discipline eh? Maybe I could get my wife some leather for Christmas...

Yeah, too much information. I'll just keep that thought for later.

However, I refuse to worry about setbacks, even self-imposed ones. I'd rather consider that I'm almost done the scene-by-scene outline, and ready to start some serious prose. Now I just have to buckle down and keep my ass in the chair and fingers to keyboard. I figured I'd do something I heard at Toronto Trek, where one of the other writers at the workshop puts on a tiara marked 'Diva' when it's her writing time, as a signal to her family to 'do not disturb.' Not certain I'm the tiara type, mostly as I have no matching purse, but a light I can turn on to indicate the same thing is an idea. Besides, it is an excuse to get one of those cool lighting dish lights. Mmmm... pretty lights.

Now I must interrupt this impressively boring diatribe to head off to swimming lessons for my daughter. Maybe I can borrow one of her tiaras until I get my light.

Then again, maybe not.

No comments: