Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another day, another hour

Another successful hour of writing. That's been my goal. Spend at least an hour a day writing. Ass-in-chair kind of work. So far it's paid off. You could call it a New Year's resolution, though I generally don't make those. I figure, if it's worth resolving, then it's worth doing it as soon as you think of it. I think the holidays just gave me a recharge from the day job, which helps ease the general fatigue of full-time work.

I've managed to pull anywhere between 600 and 800 words per hour, with few revisions. I'll pull a word here, tuck one there, but I try not to go back. I've re-read only to find my place again. I've already seen some places where I'll need more description. I'm focused on action, dialogue and trying to get my characters' voices out. I figure that's what revision is for. Only when the whole thing is done will I go back (unless I find a glaring continuity error, but let's burn that bridge when we come to it).

So far so good. Feels like being a 'real writer.' Now, off to the elliptical trainer. Must continue training for the ski season. Then offerings to Uller for snow.

2 comments:

Bernita said...

Rowan, thank you so much for your kindness.

Rowan said...

You are more than welcome, Bernita. I'm happy everything turned out OK.