Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reaper Bones II Kickstarter unboxing

My Bones II kickstarter rewards arrived from Reaper Miniatures the week before I went on leave.  Here's the haul:


Laid out, there's the core set, the expansion set #2 and some of the extras.

 
The 'Dragons Don't Share' box is super-awesome.  Not just for the dragon and ruins, but the adventurers are sweet sculpts.

When we open one of the boxes, we find ... even more bags of minis! This is the core set contents.


In the background my daughter is assembling her myrmidons for her Warmachine army, the Retribution of Scyrah.

Opening one of the bags, there pile looks even more impressive:

That'll take some painting.  I love what they've been able to do with the lighter material.  The large dragons (I test fit all the larger minis to make sure everything was good) are impressive and have some super-dynamic poses, which would be difficult if not impossible with heavy metal parts.  As much as I love metal miniatures, the bonesium material from Reaper allows their sculptors to make some sweet models.   I'm very happy with the batch, and look forward to putting them under my paintbrush.

Next up: part one of my work to recondition some old wargaming terrain.

No comments: